2021 Walking Festival
29 May until 3 June
Animal Book Trail as part of Family Days in the Parks
Sponsored by Smith Partnership
FREE activities and ticketed events throughout the day include:
- Animal Book Trail – can you spot the picture book characters in the trees? There are 13 animals from popular books hidden in the trees around each park! You can buy a Trail sheet and pencil for £1 to help you find them. Fill in your trail sheet and hand it in at the Book Festival stand to be entered into a Prize Draw for your chance to win a signed copy of Wild Things by Fiona Danks and Jo Schofield
- Wild and Wonderful Art – have a go at creating your own art using sticks, leaves, seeds and petals that you find in your garden or park (but don't pick the flowers!). Take a photo of what you create and send it to email@example.com and you could win a signed copy of Wild Things by Fiona Danks and Jo Schofield
- FREE Collage activity (Derby Arboretum only) - Join Spiral Arts to produce a collage in the Orangery inspired by the wonderful book, Lost Words.
There'll also be a Book Stall with a selection of fairy tales and wildlife books.
Plus these ticketed events which will go on sale on Saturday 1 May:
- Fairy Tale Puppet Theatre: for ages 4 – 7 and their parents. Check for times at each park. Book tickets in advance.
- Children’s Poetry Writing Workshop for ages 6 - 10 and their parents. (2pm - Markeaton Park and Alvaston Park only). Book tickets in advance.
Saturday 29 May, Darley Park
Monday 31 May, Derby Arboretum
Tuesday 1 June, Markeaton Park
Wednesday 2 June, Sinfin Moor Park
Thursday 3 June, Alvaston Park
Time: 11am until 3pm
Cost: Some free, some with a small cost
For information and to book: https://www.derbybookfestival.co.uk/events/collage-activity